Cod - Our best selling fish, it is renowned for its superb quality with large white flaky flesh.
Portion size Large approx. 180-200 gm £6.25
Freshly Blast Frozen
Please note we Quality Fresh Fish then we vac pack and blast freeze it ready for you to pop straight in your freezer.
We dispatch on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday to the Mainland UK.
We will do our very best to deliver within these timescales, however there may be occasions we may be unable to get a courier for required day. Also we will delay deliveries if we are enjoying extreme hot weather, in these instances we will notify you as soon as we can.
If you're not at home upon the parcel arrival please leave clear instructions where to leave your parcel.
Your goods will be packed in a polystyrene box with gel packs to maintain the correct temperature during the delivery period. Please ensure you do not delay unpacking your delivery upon receipt , this will ensure that your purchase will be enjoyed at their best. Upon receipt open your package and deal with your goods immediately either transfer to fridge or freezer.
Everything is clearly labelled with all the information you will require.
Re use the poly box, ideal for transporting chilled items. The Gel packs are not designed for reuse, however you can use the box with an ice pack.
Minimum order is £20
Rest of UK
Delivery and packaging (on orders up to £50) costs £14.95
Delivery over £50 costs £11.95 in shipping charges
Delivery over £125 is free shipping
Delivery charges applied on the cart page
Order over £75 – Receive free gift.
NO DELIVERY TO ISLANDS AND SCOTTISH HIGHLANDS
Delivery up to £50 is £20.90
Delivery over £50 is £17.9
Delivery over £125 is £5.95
Roasted cod recipe
SERVES 4 – PREP 15 MINS – COOK 35 MINS
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into 3cm chunks
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into 3cm chunks
- 2 medium courgettes, trimmed and cut into 2cm slices
- 1 medium red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 x 150g thick skinless cod (or other white fish) fillets
- 4 slices of Parma ham or any thinly sliced prosciutto
- 10g dry white breadcrumbs
- 10g Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 2–3 tsp good quality balsamic vinegar
- flaked sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220C/Gas 7. Put the peppers, courgettes and onion in a large baking tray and drizzle them with the oil. Season with a little salt and plenty of ground black pepper and toss everything together until the vegetables are lightly coated with oil. Roast for 20 minutes until softened and lightly charred.
- Pat the fish dry on kitchen paper and check for any bones. Remove any that you see with tweezers. Season the fish with freshly ground black pepper and wrap each fillet loosely with a slice of ham.
- Take the baking tray out of the oven and make gaps in the layer of vegetables to make space for the pieces of fish. Place the fish on the tray.
- Mix the breadcrumbs with the cheese and parsley and scatter over the fish and vegetables.
- Put the tray back in the oven for another 12–15 minutes or until the fish is cooked, the ham has crisped and the breadcrumbs are lightly browned. Serve hot, drizzled with a little balsamic vinegar.
224 calories per portion
Pan-roasted cod with creamed leeks
- Prep time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 30 mins
Total time: 40 mins
- 2 large leeks, trimmed and sliced into 1cm rings
- 30g butter
- 100ml single cream
- About 100g wild mushrooms, rinsed and dried
- About 100g fresh spinach leaves
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil or olive oil
- 4 portions of cod fillet or cod loin
- Chopped chives, to garnishFor the sauce:
- 15g butter
- 2 shallots, peeled and diced
- 150ml white wine
- 150ml fish stock
- 2tbsp single cream
- To make the sauce: Melt half the butter in a pan, add the shallots and cook until soft, but not browned. Pour in the wine and let it bubble and reduce by about half. Add the fish stock and let it reduce to about 150ml. Blitz with a stick blender, then whisk in the rest of the butter and the cream, and some seasoning. Set aside.
- Cook the leeks in half the butter for about 15-20 minutes until softened, then add the cream and cook for another 4-5 minutes. Season and set aside in a dish. Wipe the pan, reheat and add the rest of the butter and mushrooms and cook for a few minutes. Wilt the spinach in a pan or in the microwave.
- Heat the frying pan, add the oil and when hot, put in the cod and cook for 5-6 minutes over a fairly high heat until browned on the underside and just cooked through. Reheat the sauce.
- Spoon the creamed leeks on to 4 hot plates. Add the spinach and some mushrooms. Put the cod on top, then garnish with a few more mushrooms. Spoon the hot sauce over and sprinkle with chopped chives.