A delicate cold smoked Loch Trout.
Superb with Salad and New potatoes.
In sandwiches, Pates, .Great with poached and scrambled eggs
Please note we supply this Blast Frozen
We dispatch on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday to the Mainland UK.
We will do our very best to deliver within these timescales, however there may be occasions we may be unable to get a courier for required day. Also we will delay deliveries if we are enjoying extreme hot weather, in these instances we will notify you as soon as we can.
If you're not at home upon the parcel arrival please leave clear instructions where to leave your parcel.
Your goods will be packed in a polystyrene box with gel packs to maintain the correct temperature during the delivery period. Please ensure you do not delay unpacking your delivery upon receipt , this will ensure that your purchase will be enjoyed at their best. Upon receipt open your package and deal with your goods immediately either transfer to fridge or freezer.
Everything is clearly labelled with all the information you will require.
Re use the poly box, ideal for transporting chilled items. The Gel packs are not designed for reuse, however you can use the box with an ice pack.
Minimum order is £20
Rest of UK
Delivery and packaging (on orders up to £50) costs £14.95
Delivery over £50 costs £11.95 in shipping charges
Delivery over £125 is free shipping
Delivery charges applied on the cart page
Order over £75 – Receive free gift.
NO DELIVERY TO ISLANDS AND SCOTTISH HIGHLANDS
Delivery up to £50 is £20.90
Delivery over £50 is £17.9
Delivery over £125 is £5.95
- 400g monkfish tail, sliced into 2 fillets
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves stripped
- 12 rashers (about 140g/5oz) dry-cure rindless smoked streaky bacon
- 2 large tomatoes, halved
- 3-4 tbsp vinaigrette
- 225g bag watercress and salad leaves
- Lay 1 monkfish tail fillet on a board, sprinkle with thyme leaves and season. Lay the other fillet on top with tapering tip in the opposite direction, so each end has one thick and one thin end butted together.
- Lay the bacon on a board, slightly overlapping and put the monkfish in the centre. Wrap the fish in the rashers so that it holds together quite firmly.
- Heat the grill for 3-5 mins. Line the grill pan, lay the monkfish on it, with the bacon joins underneath.
- Grill for about 7-10 mins until the bacon starts to crisp, then carefully turn over and cook for another 7-10 mins. At the same time, grill the tomato halves. As soon as the monkfish feels firm when pressed on top, remove and leave to stand for 5 mins. Save any pan juices from the paper and drizzle into the vinaigrette. Cut the monkfish into medallions, slightly on the diagonal. Dress the watercress salad with the vinaigrette and juices and divide between four plates. Place monkfish on top, season with pepper and serve tomatoes alongside. Nice with baby new potatoes.
Citrus-marinated monkfish with lemon dressing
- 4 boneless monkfish medallions, about 140g/5oz each
- 1 stalk lemongrass, bashed and finely chopped
- 4 lime leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp lemon thyme leaves
- 5 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for frying
- handful wild rocket leaves, to serve
For the lemon dressing (citrus vierge)
- strips of zest from 2 lemons, pith removed
- 25g caster sugar
- 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp coriander seeds, toasted, then ground
- ½ tsp black onion seeds
- 2 tbsp currants
- 4 tbsp whole blanched almonds
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped coriander
- Place the monkfish in a bowl with the lemongrass, lime leaves, lemon thyme and olive oil. Cover and chill for 6 hrs to marinate.
- Meanwhile, make the lemon dressing. Chop the strips of lemon zest into small dice and tip into a pan of boiling water. Bring back to the boil, then drain. In a small saucepan, cook the blanched lemon zest with the sugar in 140ml water for about 5 mins. Drain the lemon zest and mix together with the remaining ingredients and 2 tbsp water. Taste and season, if you like.
- About 20 mins before you’re ready to eat, remove the monkfish from the marinade and lightly season. Heat some olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and fry the monkfish medallions for 4 mins on each side until golden brown. Remove from the pan and allow to rest in a warm place for 4 mins. To serve, reheat the Almond & cinnamon rice (see recipe right), and gently warm the dressing, adding more water if needed. Place the rice in the centre of the plate, sit the monkfish medallions on top and spoon the dressing over the monkfish and around the plate, scatter with rocket leaves and serve.